Wellness Center Irvine CA
Wellness Resources Center for Terms & FAQs
One of the most important concepts to know about chiropractic care is this: it is excellent treatment for pain and injury relief, and it’s especially fantastic for preventing illness and injury and promoting your optimum wellness. Use this wellness resources center page as a jumping-off point to answer your FAQs and learn more about how to empower yourself!
Your Wellness Center in Irvine: Healthy Spine, Healthy You
Because your spine houses the spinal cord (the information superhighway between your brain and the rest of your body), proper spinal alignment is critical to good health. Poor posture, incorrect ergonomics or injury can pinch nerves between vertebrae, causing miscommunication and dysfunction. Regular visits with your chiropractor at our wellness center in Irvine can correct spinal misalignments (a.k.a. subluxations) large or small, providing pain relief or even preventing injury.
Conditions Impacted by Posture & Ergonomics
The following conditions are just a sample of common problems impacted by subluxations:
- Back Pain
- Bulging Disc
- Tech Neck
- Menstrual Pain
- TMJ Treatment
Posture Tips for Injury Prevention and Wellness
You can prevent subluxations by practicing correct posture and ergonomics during all of your daily activities—even while you sleep!
- Texting/Using Your Mobile Device
Prenatal and Postnatal Chiropractic Care
Chiropractic care is extremely beneficial for pregnant and new mothers—and their children. Pregnancy back pain is one of the most common complaints, yet taking pain killers can be harmful to the baby and mother. Lee Chiropractic has helped hundreds of moms and babies get welcome drug-free treatment for:
- Pregnancy back pain
- Pregnancy headaches
- Preparing for birth
- Postnatal Care
- Stress Relief
- Ear infections
- Childhood scoliosis
Home Exercises & Stretches Between Chiropractic Care Appointments
Regular chiropractic care helps you take an active role in your own wellness and healing. At each appointment, Dr. Lee will provide treatment and then show you exactly how to do sets of exercises and stretches every day at home so that you can build upon your improving spinal alignment by strengthening your core muscles, improving your flexibility and advancing your stability.
If You Have More Questions, Add to Our FAQs!
Our chiropractor is eager to provide as many wellness resources as possible to help empower you to achieve your best health possible! If you cannot find an answer to your question here in our wellness resources center FAQs, then please contact us through the website, or call us at 949-552-2100.
Why Do I Need a Chiropractic Adjustment?
How Does a Chiropractic Adjustment Work?
What Conditions Can a Chiropractic Adjustment Treat?
Chiropractic adjustments provide excellent, non-invasive, drug-free treatment options for most musculoskeletal conditions, injuries, and many conditions you might not expect. Some of these include:
- Back and neck pain
- Shoulder and arm pain
- Sciatica leg pain
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Bulging and Herniated Disc Injury
- Headaches and Migraines
- Knee, hip, ankle and foot pain
- Asthma and allergies
- Stress and anxiety
- High blood pressure
- Numbness and Tingling
- Car accident injuries
- Sports injuries
- Daily injuries
If your condition isn’t listed here, ask your chiropractor—chiropractic adjustments may still provide relief.
What is Proper Computer Desk Posture?
- Sit with back straight, buttocks touching the back of the chair, shoulders over hips.
- Use a chair with lumbar support, or use a towel or lumbar cushion.
- Adjust the chair so your legs bend at a 90-degree angle.
- If possible, use an ergonomic keyboard to keep your wrists in a straight, neutral position.
- Tilt the monitor so you can look straight ahead at it during the day.
- Take breaks to stretch and walk around every 30 minutes.
What is the Ergonomic Way to Use a Mobile Device?
- Don’t crane your neck—keep neck straight and wrists neutral.
- Switch hands every few minutes, or use a Bluetooth earpiece.
- Use text shortcuts and avoid typing lengthy emails or texts on mobile devices.
- Prop elbows on a desk or cushion to read texts or emails without bending head forward.
What is Proper Standing and Lifting Posture?
- Wear supportive shoes or use a shock-absorbing mat.
- Keep back straight, shoulders back, with your head in line with your body.
- Keep feet about shoulder-width apart; avoid locking the knees.
- Keep your tummy tight and pulled in.
- If you need to stand for long periods of time, walk, march in place or shift your weight to avoid staying static for too long.
- If you need to lift a heavy object, bend your knees; if possible, get help.
What are the Correct Sleeping Ergonomics?
- Avoid sleeping on your stomach; side or back positions are better.
- Use a mattress that provides the right amount of support to keep your spine aligned and neutral.
- Use a body pillow between your knees to prevent spine twisting.
- Use a pillow that supports your neck, keeping it aligned with the rest of your spine. Keep your head facing forward.
How Can I Avoid Injury During Exercises?
- Start with correct standing posture and keep abs tight.
- Don’t overextend any joints.
- Wear the correct shoes for your activity.
- Ask your trainer to observe and correct your posture as you do exercises.
Is chiropractic care safe during pregnancy?
How does chiropractic care help pregnant women with back pain?
Can I start chiropractic care during pregnancy?
How does prenatal chiropractic care help the baby?
Should I continue chiropractic care after the baby is born?
Can my baby visit the chiropractor too?
Please contact our Irvine chiropractor if you have more questions about chiropractic care during pregnancy, or schedule an appointment today at 949-552-2100.
What are Vertebral Subluxations?
What is a Vertebral Subluxation Complex?
There are 5 components to vertebral subluxation complex—all of them must be corrected for complete healing.
What are the Causes of Subluxations?
The most common causes of subluxation include:
- Injury to the spinal structure (trips, falls, car accident injuries like whiplash, sports injuries, etc.)
- Poor posture and ergonomic habits (repetitively incorrect spinal positioning)
- Poor nutrition and hydration can negatively impact the spine’s supportive structures like discs
- Stress can impact posture and attention, leading to injury
Every patient is an individual, and one or more of these causes can lead to subluxations and overall lack of health and wellness.
Symptoms of Subluxations
Symptoms can vary widely depending on which vertebrae are affected and which nerves they pinch. But some of the most common symptoms include:
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Difficulty concentrating
- Spinal muscle spasms
- Joint pain and stiffness
- Chronic inflammation
- Overall poor health
Can Subluxations be Corrected?
Chiropractic Care Prevents Subluxations for Health, Wellness and Relief
In addition to healing pain and injury related to vertebral subluxation complex, regular chiropractic care with our Irvine chiropractor can actually promote long-term health and wellness by preventing subluxations from developing in the first place. Learn more about chiropractic care in our wellness center today.
Schedule an appointment with Dr. Lee today for relief and healing: 949-552-2100.
CAN CHIROPRACTIC CARE HELP WITH HEADACHES?
WHY AM I GETTING HEADACHES AFTER AN AUTO ACCIDENT?
CAN CHIROPRACTIC CARE HELP WITH NECK PAIN?
WHY DO I GET NECK PAIN FOLLOWING AN AUTO ACCIDENT?
CAN CHIROPRACTIC HELP WITH SHOULDER PAIN?
WHAT IF MY SYMPTOMS DID NOT BEGIN IMMEDIATELY?
CAN CHIROPRACTIC HELP WITH CARPAL TUNNEL?
CAN CHIROPRACTIC HELP WITH ELBOW DISCOMFORT?
ONCE I GO TO THE CHIROPRACTOR, WILL I HAVE TO GO FOREVER?
CAN CHIROPRACTIC HELP OUT WITH LOWER BACK PAIN?
I WAS IN A CAR ACCIDENT, COULD THAT HAVE AN IMPACT ON EXPERIENCING SCIATICA?
WHAT IS SCIATICA FOR ALL AGES CHIROPRACTIC CARE HELP ALLEVIATE SOME OF THE SYMPTOMS?
CAN CHIROPRACTIC CARE HELP OUT WITH DIZZINESS AND VERTIGO?
CAN CHIROPRACTIC CARE HELP WITH HIP PAIN?
SHOULD I LET MY MEDICAL DOCTOR KNOW I'M CONSIDERING CHIROPRACTIC CARE?
When should I see a Chiropractor?
You should go right away if you have suffered an injury or have been having pain that is from the spine or related to it. It is also a good idea for all individuals to get checked by a chiropractor of all ages. Just like we get checked by medical doctors and dentists at a very early age, we should all be checked by chiropractors at an early age. You should also be checked regularly throughout your life even if you don’t have pain and continue to do so as you get older.