Talk with Our Chiropractor about Pinched Nerve Treatment Options
Our Irvine chiropractor Dr. Lee will carefully examine your spine, medical history and symptoms to determine the cause of your pinched nerve. There are four main reasons behind nerve impingement, so treatment will be designed to address those causes:
- Subluxation—Nerves travel out from your spinal cord to the rest of your body through spaces between the vertebrae. If vertebrae are misaligned, they can pinch nerves, causing dysfunction and pain in the areas served by those nerves.
- Herniated Disc—Injury or poor posture habits can cause the jelly-filled discs that cushion the nerves as they pass between the vertebrae to rupture. When this filling slips out, it can pinch nerves.
- Degenerative Disc Disease—These same discs can also start to lose their shape and hydration as we age, causing them to bulge and irritate nerves.
- Arthritis—The facet joints between the vertebrae that enable the spine to bend can start to wear down; this can also pinch nerves and lead to dysfunction, pain, numbness and tingling.
Fortunately, each of these four main causes of pinched nerve pain can be treated by our chiropractor with a multifaceted approach including:
- Chiropractic spinal adjustments—Dr. Lee can realign vertebrae so they stop pinching nerves and relieve pressure on the intervertebral discs; this will provide welcome relief.
- Massage therapy—This is an excellent complement to chiropractic adjustments as it helps recondition the spine’s supporting soft tissues and boosts circulation to speed healing where pinched nerves have been an issue.
- Therapeutic exercises—Once the spine is correctly aligned, our chiropractor will help you keep it healthy by coaching you on exercises to boost core strength so you can better maintain optimal posture from now on.