Natural Lower Back Pain Treatment with Our Chiropractor
Dr. Lee will fully examine your spine and your medical history, including x-rays. Once we find the underlying problem, our chiropractor will set up an individual treatment plan for your complete healing and recovery.
The most common causes of lower back pain include:
- Poor posture habits (while sitting, standing and sleeping)
- Sudden injuries (including car accident injuries, sports, personal and work-related injuries)
- Poor physical conditioning (weak, easily strained core muscles)
- Being overweight
Each of these situations does several things that can cause lower back pain. Poor posture habits and inadequate core muscle conditioning frequently lead to pinched nerves because of vertebral misalignment (subluxations). A traumatic injury can also suddenly jolt vertebrae out of correct position while also painfully straining muscles. The quickly-evolving hormonal and weight changes that an expectant mother undergoes also put strain on the lower back.
Our chiropractor can skillfully, naturally and effectively treat all of these underlying causes to provide welcome pain relief. Your treatment plan may include:
- Chiropractic spinal adjustments—Dr. Lee will diagnose the locations where vertebrae are out of alignment and apply quick, gentle adjustments that correct these problems. Spinal adjustments release pinched nerves and provide lasting, natural relief without drugs or surgery.
- Massage therapy—massage relieves soft tissue strains and tension while boosting circulation and reducing inflammation. It also breaks down painful scar tissue for accelerated injury healing. Massage therapy boosts levels of pain-relieving endorphins in the bloodstream too.
- Therapeutic exercise and ergonomics counseling—Our chiropractor will teach you specific stretches and exercises to help you improve your flexibility, range of motion and core strength. Dr. Lee can also advise you on more ergonomic ways to perform daily tasks so that you avoid future injury risks.
This multi-faceted, drug-free approach to lower back pain relief is extremely effective and a great option for people who seek alternatives to painkillers or surgery. To schedule an appointment or talk with our chiropractor, reach out to us today: (949) 552-2100.