The Healing Benefits of Mixing Chiropractic Care and Massage Therapy
While Dr. Lee’s chiropractic care corrects spinal misalignments (subluxations) to relieve pinched nerves, injury and other imbalances in the body, massage therapy focuses on healing the soft tissues. Since the spine is inextricably entwined with its supporting muscles, tendons, ligaments and fascia, their condition directly impacts your posture and alignment. Massage…
- Loosens musculoskeletal tensions, enabling the body to adapt more quickly to chiropractic spinal adjustments.
- Provides natural pain relief by releasing endorphins throughout the body.
- Boosts circulation to provide nutrients and oxygen to damaged tissues and accelerate healing.
- Reduces inflammation at the cellular level.
- Breaks down adhesions (tight, painful knots in the soft tissues) for pain relief and improved range of motion.
- Relieves stress (stress can cause and worsen many physical and emotional ailments).
- Stimulates the immune system to better ward off illnesses
And so much more! This is why our chiropractor frequently adds massage to our patients’ chiropractic care treatment plans.
Ask Our Irvine Chiropractor about Massage Therapy
Dr. Lee’s patients have found successful healing and relief as we have combined chiropractic care and massage therapy as treatment for these and many other injuries and aliments:
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Headaches and migraines
- Car accident injury
- Sports injury
- All musculoskeletal conditions including knee, shoulder, arm and wrist pain, etc.
- Asthma and allergies
- Pregnancy related lower back pain
- Stress and anxiety
- High blood pressure
- And much, much more.
As a safe, natural, non-invasive form of treatment, massage therapy is beneficial and appropriate for the majority of patients, but there are some rare instances where it is contraindicated. Our chiropractor will go over your medical history and relief needs with you in person to determine what your best course of treatment will be for long-term relief and healing.
Schedule an appointment with Dr. Lee in Irvine today by calling 949-552-2100.