Chiropractic Headache Treatment in Irvine
Tension headaches, migraines and cluster headaches afflict many folks here in Irvine, and the key to successful, long-term relief is headache treatment that addresses the root problems, a few of which include:
- Pinched nerves from long-term poor posture habits
- A head or neck injury (like whiplash)
- Consistently high levels of stress
- Dehydration and nutritional deficiencies
- Sleep deprivation
Sometimes, it may be a combination of these issues. For example, high stress levels at work might lead people to hunch over their desks, causing muscle strain and nerve impingement, both of which can exacerbate headaches. Frequent headaches are also a primary symptom of whiplash, which can happen even in a low-speed car accident, when falling down or as a sports injury. Not getting enough sleep, poor nutrition and not drinking enough water are all classic migraine triggers that can lead to more stress, poor posture and the heightened risk of injuries. It can be a vicious cycle—one that can be alleviated by chiropractic care.
Our chiropractor can help you overcome the pain and life disruption of headaches by first running a complete set of diagnostic tests, including x-rays, and discussing your personal medical history and risk factors. Very often, during this process, Dr. Lee discovers a subluxation—a condition where the vertebrae are misaligned and causing pinched nerves and muscle strain or tension.
For headache treatment, Dr. Lee will then perform a series of chiropractic adjustments over time in order to bring your spine back into alignment. This releases pinched nerves, which often leads to dramatic pain relief. In addition to spinal adjustments, our chiropractor may also recommend:
- Massage therapy for pain and stress relief
- Therapeutic exercises to strengthen muscles and improve posture
- Ergonomic adjustments to help at work or home
- Nutrition and lifestyle adjustments to avoid potential headache triggers