Frozen shoulder (adhesive capsulitis) causes pain and stiffness in one of your hardest working joints, making it hard to lift or move your arm, or even sleep properly. Sometimes it develops after an injury, or it can develop from inflammation or poor ergonomics. Schedule an appointment with Irvine chiropractor Dr. Lee today for effective, drug-free shoulder pain relief treatment.
Frozen Shoulder Pain Causes
Chiropractic care can effectively and naturally relieve the underlying causes of frozen shoulder pain so that you can resume normal activity levels and enjoy complete wellness again. The two most common causes of shoulder pain are:
- Injury—Anything from a sports injury to a car accident injury and personal injuries can strain muscles and leave scar tissue that can impinge movement in the shoulder joint.
- Poor Posture—Poor posture habits can cause misalignments in the vertebrae that impact nerves serving the shoulder joint. This is particularly true of nerves pinched in the upper back and neck. Many people who sit at workstations with poor ergonomics, or who look down at their phones all day report a combination of headaches, neck pain and frozen shoulder as well!
Drug-Free Frozen Shoulder Pain Treatment
Dr. Lee is the chiropractor Irvine residents trust for natural frozen shoulder pain relief treatment options. After thorough diagnosis of your shoulder condition, he will design a treatment program that helps you regain comfortable full range of motion. He may suggest the following treatment modalities:
- Chiropractic Adjustments—While painkillers can only cover up your pain, chiropractic care addresses the direct causes by correcting spinal misalignments pinching the nerves that control your shoulder. He will also coach you on how to maintain correct posture to avoid those nerves getting pinched again.
- Corrective Exercise Coaching—Corrective exercises train your shoulder muscles and tissues to improve flexibility and strength in the joint.
- Massage Therapy—The shoulder joint includes many soft tissues that benefit from the anti-inflammatory, healing effects of massage, which can improve range of motion, circulation, and speed healing.
- Myofascial Release—Frozen shoulder is often associated with scar tissue that restricts joint movement. Myofascial release involves gentle pressure applied to these points to release scar tissue pain and improve flexibility.
Contact Your Irvine Chiropractor for Shoulder Pain Relief
Irvine chiropractor Dr. Lee has helped many patients overcome frozen shoulder pain naturally and successfully. Don’t suffer any longer with a stiff, painful shoulder. Schedule an appointment now and recover your wellness naturally: 949-552-2100.