Our Irvine Chiropractor’s Arm Pain Treatment Options
If you live here in Irvine and suffer neck, upper back and arm pain and/or numbness, tingling and weakness in the arms, please come in for an examination with our chiropractor. Arm pain from cervical radiculopathy is most common in adults over 50, but can affect anyone who has nerve impingement in the neck due to any of the following causes:
- Herniated disc in the neck—The jelly-like intervertebral discs between each vertebrae serve as shock absorbers and, in healthy cases, provide a passageway for nerves to travel from the spinal cord and out to the extremities. These discs can lose their hydration and bulge or rupture, either from the aging process or from a car accident injury, etc. Damaged discs and vertebrae pinch the nerves, leading to arm pain, numbness and weakness.
- Subluxations—When long-term poor posture or an injury jostles neck vertebrae out of alignment, they can also pinch nerves and inflame the facet joints, causing early-onset osteoarthritis; a leading cause of cervical radiculopathy.
- Poor ergonomics—Habitual forward head posture from craning your neck over a computer all day, particularly when coupled with an un-ergonomic desk setup, can also cause these symptoms.
After diagnosing the causes of your arm pain, our chiropractor in Irvine can provide treatment options for natural, lasting relief:
- Chiropractic spinal adjustments—Dr. Lee’s gentle, precise spinal adjustments realign vertebrae to remove pressure from discs, which relieves nerve pressure and pain.
- Massage therapy—Massage relieves tissue inflammation and releases pain relieving endorphins while rushing healing circulation to areas that need it most.
- Therapeutic exercises—Our chiropractor will teach you stretches and exercises to help you support proper neck posture and improve range of motion through the upper back, shoulders and arms. He can also advise you on better ergonomics at work.