Conditions Treated by Our Chiropractor in Irvine
Chiropractor Dr. Lee has been helping people in Irvine get back to living active, pain-free lives since 2002. Through a combination of highly-skilled spinal adjustments, massage therapy and therapeutic exercise coaching he can provide relief for a long list of conditions.
Our Irvine Chiropractor Can Treat These Conditions
The root causes of most musculoskeletal discomfort around the body lie within the spine. When the spine is misaligned (a condition called a subluxation), the vertebrae place undue pressure on the intervertebral discs and the nerves passing out from the spinal cord to the rest of the body. Subluxations can cause many problems. Fortunately, these symptoms respond very well to a combination of chiropractic care with Dr. Lee, along with massage therapy and therapeutic exercise:
- ADHD — Although mystery still shrouds some of the root causes of this neurological overstimulation, chiropractic care can correct nervous system imbalances. It has proven a balancing and calming treatment for ADHD patients of all ages here in Irvine, without all of the side effects of pharmaceuticals.
- Allergies — Allergies are an overreaction of the nervous system against things that aren’t technically harmful; things like grass pollen, cat dander, dust, etc. By improving nervous system function through chiropractic care, many of our patients have enjoyed natural, lasting relief from their allergy symptoms.
- Arm Pain — Injuries, poor ergonomics and posture problems can pinch nerves in the neck responsible for the movement and sensation in the arms. Most arm pain conditions respond well to chiropractic treatment.
- Arthritis — Chiropractic care successfully relieves the joint pain of osteoarthritis by restoring proper body mechanics; it can also provide successful pain management for those suffering rheumatoid arthritis.
- Asthma — This life-threatening difficulty breathing after being exposed to allergic triggers, stress or overexertion can be effectively alleviated through chiropractic care. Our chiropractor Dr. Lee can successfully correct misalignments in the upper back area of the spine that pinch nerves responsible for regulating the respiratory system.
- Back Pain — This is the most common reason patients come to see our Irvine chiropractor; chiropractic care is a very successful treatment method for the underlying causes of back pain, and provides lasting relief from the symptoms.
- Bulging Disc — When intervertebral discs bulge so they are not flush with the corresponding vertebrae, they may start to pinch nerves. Chiropractic care successfully and non-invasively treats bulging discs, so it is important to treat these before they become herniated discs.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome — Numbness, tingling, pain and weakness in the wrist and hands, sometimes stretching up into the forearm, is debilitating and can have a number of underlying causes. Fortunately, our Irvine chiropractor can non-surgically correct and alleviate these causes to provide lasting, natural relief of carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Daily Injuries — Every minute of every day, someone trips, falls, twists the wrong way, lifts something without using their knees, can’t get up out of bed after sleeping on a saggy mattress all night—you name it. No matter how silly the injury seems, a visit with Irvine chiropractor Dr. Lee can provide natural, effective pain relief so you can heal.
- Digestive Problems — Your gastrointestinal system relies on timely signals from the brain so you can digest your food optimally. Pinched nerves in certain areas of the spine, however, can disrupt these important signals, causing everything from gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), heartburn and acid reflux to constipation, gas and bloating. Dr. Lee can help you feel better.
- Disc Injury — The intervertebral discs between each of your vertebrae perform an important shock-absorbing service allowing nerves to travel from your spinal cord to other areas of your body. A disc injury not only hurts, it interrupts important signals from these nerves that cause more dysfunction throughout the body. Regardless of the cause of your disc injury, Dr. Lee’s chiropractic techniques can provide relief.
- Ear Infections — Frequent bouts of acute otitis media make many children struggle with hearing, speech, development and just getting a good night’s sleep. Ear infections can also afflict adults. If your or a loved one has struggled with ear pain in Irvine, chiropractic care provides a lasting, drug-free solution that is gentle and effective for patients of all ages.
- Ergonomics & Posture — Often, our working or living environments are not optimally arranged to help us avoid pain. You hang your head for hours over your mobile device, you may sit in a chair that doesn’t support your lumbar spine, your mattress may be too hard, etc. Our chiropractor can evaluate how your work and life habits impact your posture and help you come up with ergonomic solutions that will save you a lot of suffering now and in the future.
- Frozen Shoulder — Otherwise known as adhesive capsulitis, frozen shoulder can severely limit your shoulder’s range of motion and ability to perform daily activities. Our chiropractor has successfully treated many cases of frozen shoulder with a combination of chiropractic care and complementary therapies.
- High Blood Pressure — Yes, Chiropractor Dr. Lee can also help you overcome high blood pressure. In addition to managing your blood pressure through healthy lifestyle choices, chiropractic care has been shown to be as effective at lowering high blood pressure as two widely-used pharmaceuticals. If you live in the Irvine area and struggle with hypertension, you owe it to yourself give chiropractic a try.
- Herniated Disc — When the tough outer membrane of a bulging disc splits open, the jelly-like nucleus can extrude out, pressing painfully on nearby nerves. Our chiropractor can provide successful non-surgical treatment for many cases of herniated discs.
- Headaches — Our chiropractor relieves headaches by treating subluxations and soft tissue strains in the neck.
- Lower Back Pain — The lumbar spine bears a great deal of daily stress; subluxations here can cause debilitating discomfort. Dr. Lee diagnoses and treats the causes of lower back pain.
- Menstrual Pain — Many of the nerves responsible for balancing the female reproductive system travel through the lower back vertebrae; if those are out of alignment, this can increase the severity of PMS symptoms. Chiropractic care provides noticeable and welcome relief.
- Migraines —Migraines respond very well to a combination of chiropractic care to release pinched nerves as well as lifestyle adjustments that help people avoid their migraine triggers.
- Neck Pain — Excessive forward head posture (slouching at your computer desk), car accidents or sleeping on the wrong pillow all cause subluxations and soft tissue strains in the neck. Our chiropractor can help.
- Numbness & Tingling — One of the primary effects of subluxations in the spine is pinched nerves. The most common symptoms of pinched nerves include numbness and tingling as well as pain and weakness in areas affected by the nerves.
- Pregnancy — Expectant mothers frequently struggle with the lower back pain and other musculoskeletal discomforts as their bodies change and expand to accommodate growing babies. And yet, taking pain killers to find relief can be harmful. Chiropractic care during pregnancy is a safe and effective way to get relief, help your body adapt more comfortably and prepare moms for safer, easier deliveries.
- Pinched Nerve — When vertebrae are out of alignment, they press on the intervertebral discs, which can then place too much pressure on nerves exiting the spinal cord. By correcting these misalignments, Dr. Lee can relieve pinched nerves.
- Scoliosis — Usually diagnosed during early adolescence, this abnormal S or C curve of the spine can cause back pain and other related problems in adulthood. Our Irvine chiropractor knows this from personal experience and is eager to help young people correct their posture now, while their spines are still growing. Even adults with scoliosis can still receive a great deal of relief from scoliosis-related pain from chiropractor today.
- Sciatica — Pain shooting from the lower back, down the buttocks and into the legs are a collection of symptoms called sciatica, and they indicate a pinched sciatic nerve. Sciatica responds well to chiropractic care.
- Sinus Problems — Frequent sinus infections and allergies also respond very well to chiropractic care. Spinal adjustments with Dr. Lee can alleviate pinched nerves that are responsible for modulating the immune response so that it does not overreact to harmless things in the environment like pollen, pet dander and dust. This keeps your sinuses clearer.
- Shoulder Pain — This hard-working, wide-ranging joint can easily get injured or suffer the effects of a spinal misalignment. Chiropractic care successfully provides relief for frozen shoulder (adhesive capsulitis) and other forms of shoulder pain.
- Stiffness — Stiffness can afflict many areas of your body, including the neck, back and joints. Our Irvine chiropractor is very successful at helping patients regain more flexibility and broader range of motion, whether the stiffness was caused by poor posture, injury or arthritis.
- Stress — If you’re in pain for one reason or another, stress mounts. Stress mounts and can then, in turn, cause actual physical pain and illness. It’s a vicious cycle. When your spine is properly aligned and your nervous system is functioning correctly and you’re not in pain, your stress levels drop.
- Tech Neck — Tech neck is hurting more and more people (including children) who spend a lot of time with their heads hanging down over their mobile devices. From neck pain and stiffness to headaches and upper back pain (and more), this posture problem can be corrected with treatment and ergonomics counseling from Irvine chiropractor Dr. Lee.
- TMJ Treatment — Temporomandibular joint disorder is characterized by jaw pain, stiffness, locking and popping that makes eating, talking and even sleeping difficult. TMJ responds well to a combination of therapies we provide at Lee Chiropractic.
- Torticollis —Stress on the neck during birth or infancy can cause “twisted neck” that can eventually lead to all kinds of growth and development problems. Dr. Lee’s gentle chiropractic treatment for babies and children can correct torticollis and help your child grow and develop optimally.
- Auto Injuries — This is one of the most common reasons people begin meeting with Dr. Lee, and it’s no surprise: our chiropractor has gone the extra mile of receiving advanced training in Whiplash and Brain Injury Traumatology from the Spine Research Institute of San Diego. This training goes above and beyond regular training to become a Doctor of Chiropractic. His expertise in helping patients recover from car accident injuries is well-known throughout Irvine. If you have been in a car accident, please visit with Dr. Lee as soon as possible. Prompt chiropractic care can provide immediate relief and prevent the injuries from getting worse.
If you live in the Irvine area and you are struggling with any of these conditions, schedule an appointment with Dr. Lee today: (949) 552-2100.